JOB SUMMARY: Operate various equipment (audio, visual, graphics, lighting, digital) used for media production and/or transmission.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio.
- Builds and decorates the set and/or provides props used for production.
- Assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of sound recording equipment.
- Operate studio graphic systems during broadcast/production.
- Provide audio production-related support as needed, and may work with outside production facilities.
- Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments.
- May convert analog recordings, film, or printed materials to digital format.
- Maintains and stores equipment, records and tapes.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department
Education/Experience: High School Diploma.
Experience in television, film, or post production preferred but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply:
All internal & external applicants must apply online @ www.nexstar.tv/careers. First time users must create an account then apply for this job and attach your resume. Background check required. A NEXSTAR BROADCASTING STATION. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.