WTEN/WXXA in Albany, New York has an opening for an experienced television news reporter. A minimum of two years of on-air reporting/shooting/editing experience plus a college degree are required.
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-starter in the nation’s 59th largest market. Creative writing/storytelling skills are essential along with a willingness to work hard to get the story. The ideal candidate has plenty of live experience and thrives in a competitive environment. This is a full time position with benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all duties necessary for the preparation and presentation of television news programs including, but not limited to, responsibilities for field reporting, writing, shooting, and editing, as assigned
- Maintain current knowledge of news events
- Proficient in shooting and editing
- Proficient in contributing to the web and social media
- Develop and maintain contacts
- Develop and research story ideas
- Participate in daily news department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
How to Apply: All Internal & External Applicants must apply Online @ www.nexstar.tv/careers. First Time Users must Create an Account then Apply for this Job and Attach your Resume. Background check required. A NEXSTAR BROADCASTING STATION. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.