RUTLAND, Vt. (NEWS10) – A man police said witnessed a homicide in Poultney, Vt. has been arrested on several charges.
Jonathan Testa, 21, was arrested Monday in connection to the shooting death of 19-year-old Daniel Hein. Hein was found deceased inside a car early Sunday morning. Testa was in the car at the time of Hein’s death, according to police.
During the investigation, Vermont State Police found Testa had taken another man’s debit card and cell phone while staying with him. Police located Testa after he tried to use the debit card in Rutland.
Police said Testa and another man, Andrew McCrea, robbed a home in Fair Haven and took a safe and a handgun. Testa and Hein used that stolen gun to rob a farm stand in Poultney.
It was also the gun that killed Hein, according to police. William Bailey, 19, of Poultney, was charged with Manslaughter in Hein’s death.
Testa was charged with the following:
- Assault and robbery (Fair Haven robbery)
- Aggravated assault (Fair Haven robbery)
- Burglary (Farm stand, Poultney)
- Possession of stolen property (.40 caliber from Fair Haven robbery)
- Petty larceny (Theft of debit card and cell phone)
- False personation (Use of stolen debit card)
- Involuntary manslaughter (Involvement in shooting of Hein)
Testa was sent to jail without bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday in Rutland Superior Court.