Halfmoon apartment owner working with backhoe causes natural gas leak

Gas Leak

HALFMOON, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Emergency crews were called to an apartment building on Kennedy Lane in Halfmoon Friday afternoon for a natural gas leak.

New York State Police say the property owner accidentally hit a natural gas line while operating a small backhoe at the apartment building around 2:00 p.m., casing the line to rupture.

The area was evacuated due to the size of the gas leak.

National Grid workers were able to pinch off the gas line stopping the leak around 3:30 p.m.

No one was hurt and residents were able to return to their homes shortly afterward.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s