Generator explosion leads to house fire in Halfmoon

Credit: Ken Hassett from Clifton Park Fire Dept.
Credit: Ken Hassett from Clifton Park Fire Dept.

HALFMOON, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A house caught on fire after its generator exploded Saturday afternoon around 3 p.m.

The Clifton Park Fire Chief says a homeowner on Foxhound Circle started his generator during a power outage in the area.

He says while the generator was on, the homeowner attempted to fill it with gas, causing an explosion and flames.

Crews were able to put out the fire quickly, but the Chief says the damage is so bad, the house is unlivable.

The homeowner did suffer some minor burns.

News10 ABC was told the family is temporarily staying with other family members.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s