Report: Patient seriously burned after farting during surgery at Tokyo Hospital

surgery

TOKYO (NEWS10) – A report found that a patient burned during a surgical procedure at a Tokyo Hospital was caused by a fart.

According to the Asahi Shimbun, the 30-year-old patient was undergoing an operation involving a laser to her cervix that is believed to have ignited the gas that she passed. The fire burned a lot of her body, including her waist and legs.

The fire happened at in the Shinjuku Ward on April 15.

The report released Friday found that no flammable materials were in the operating room at the time of surgery.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s