Woman rescued from bedroom after fire breaks out in Albany apartment


ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) –  A woman had to be rescued from her second-floor bedroom when a fire broke out in her apartment.

It happened at Nut Grove Apartments Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters say they found the woman in the bedroom with the door closed and that may have saved her life. They say the closed door kept smoke from entering the bedroom.

No word yet on if she was hurt.

The apartment suffered minor damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s