Samsung carriers bail on Galaxy Note 7 replacement after fire reports


SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) – Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 nightmare keeps getting worse.

Samsung Electronics has temporarily suspended its production, a person familiar with the matter tells CNN.

On Sunday, two major carriers — AT&T and T-Mobile — said they would stop offering replacement Note 7s.

Soon after the Galaxy Note 7 hit stores in August, some users reported that their phones were catching fire.

Samsung officially recalled the phones last month, blaming faulty batteries.

Replacement phones were supposed to solve the problem but customers have been reporting the same dangerous problems.

Last week, Verizon and Sprint said that they will exchange new note 7s for other smart phones in light of the troubling reports.

Samsung did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s