ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Travel restrictions will be in place for the city of Albany for the Race for the Cure on Saturday.
Streets will be filled with pink themed runners in Albany on Saturday for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. They’ll be running in the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
The 5K race starts at the Empire State Plaza and takes runners through Albany. It’s a modified version of the Freihofer’s Run for Women.
The race begins at 9 a.m. Parking restrictions and road closures will be in place from 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Washington Park – Both sides of ALL Roadways
- Madison Avenue – Both sides of Madison Avenue from Eagle Street to Willett Street
- Western Avenue – South side from Robin Street to Sprague Place
- Washington Avenue – South side from Sprague Place to Henry Johnson Boulevard
- Henry Johnson Boulevard – Both sides from Washington Avenue to State Street
- All roadways of Washington Park
- Madison Avenue between Eagle Street to New Scotland Avenue
From 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lake Avenue, between Madison Avenue and Western Avenue
- Western Avenue, between Lake Avenue and Sprague Place
- Washington Avenue, between Lexington Avenue and Henry Johnson Boulevard
- Henry Johnson Boulevard between Washington Avenue and State Street