SAUGERTIES, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The parents of a 19-year-old fire captain killed on the job are suing the homeowner where it happened.
The suit was filed by the parents of Jack Rose. It accuses Saugerties homeowner Mary Alice Mark of negligence.
Rose was a captain with the Mount Marion Fire Department when he went into the home on Fel Qui Road in December 2015 for a chimney fire.
The suit claims Mark failed to maintain a wood stove in the living room and didn’t clean the chimney, which caused the fire.