Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. HOW TRUMP VOWS TO REVIVE US ECONOMY
Trying to move past recent campaign stumbles, the GOP nominee rolls out plans to cut taxes for workers and businesses, and help create more American jobs.
2. DELTA AIR LINES RECOVERING FROM OUTAGE
Some 650 flights were canceled and another 2,400 delayed after a power outage knocked out the airline’s computer systems.
3. KANSAS WATERSLIDE REMAINS CLOSED AFTER BOY’S DEATH
A 168-foot-tall thrill ride is off-limits as authorities work to determine how a state lawmaker’s 10-year-old son died of a neck injury.
4. MAN WHO SAID HE WAS ‘LOCKED AND LOADED’ IS CHARGED WITH MURDER
Chad Cameron, who is white, apparently called police about “hoodlums” before shooting and killing Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, a black man, authorities say.
5. US ROCKS VENEZUELA 113-69 IN MEN’S BASKETBALL
Carmelo Anthony passes Michael Jordan for third place on the Americans’ career scoring list en route to the blowout win at the Rio Olympics.
6. WHY ALABAMA CHIEF JUSTICE FACES TRIAL
Roy Moore is ordered to answer accusations that he urged 68 probate judges to refuse marriage licenses to gay couples, defying federal courts.
7. TEEN WHO POSTED VIDEOS OF WEAPONIZED DRONES GOES TO COURT
Austin Haughwout, 19, is fighting his expulsion from a college in Connecticut, which happened after he uploaded videos online of flying drones shooting a handgun and flamethrower.
8. PENNSYLVANIA ATTORNEY GENERAL’S TRIAL TO BEGIN
Opening statements will get underway in the trial of Kathleen Kane, charged with leaking secret grand jury information.
9. WHAT MADE 19 PEOPLE SICK AT SAN FRANCISCO BIRTHDAY PARTY
Gummy candies likely laced with marijuana may have been placed at the party to target kids, police say.
10. ‘LIGHTNING’ BOLT SHOOTS FOR HISTORY
Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt says he wants to better his record of 19.19 seconds in the 200 meter race.
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)