Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
- CANADA KEEPS BURNING
But officials say they’ve reached a turning point in fighting the enormous wildfire that devastated the oil sands town of Fort McMurray amid cooler temperatures.
- WHAT TRUMP MEANS BY UNIFYING REPUBLICANS
The presumptive Republican nominee says he’s all for bringing the GOP together – as long as the people he’s branded losers and lightweights fall in line.
- WHY TRUMP’S ASCENT CAN HELP OBAMA
President Barack Obama’s key achievements could survive if the billionaire businessman wins the White House.
- WHERE A MASSIVE ELECTION IS UNDERWAY
Five candidates are vying to succeed Philippines President Benigno Aquino III in one of Asia’s liveliest democracies.
- PROTESTERS CLASH IN GREECE
Demonstrators were angry over a bill reforming the debt-ridden country’s pension and tax systems, which Greece’s Parliament has approved.
- MARYLAND SHOOTING SUSPECT TO MAKE FIRST COURT APPEARANCE
Eulalio Tordil, charged with killing his estranged wife and two other people, is scheduled to make an initial court appearance Monday.
- PENN STATE CONFIRMS SANDUSKY ABUSE CLAIMS DATE BACK FOUR DECADES
The university says its legal settlements with former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky’s accusers cover alleged abuse dating to 1971, 40 years before his arrest.
- SANDBERG TIPS HAT TO SINGLE MOMS
Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg says that until her husband’s death she never realized how hard it is to be a single parent.
- POWERBALL WINNER SOLD IN TRENTON, NEW JERSEY
The winning Powerball ticket for the jackpot worth nearly $430 million has been sold at a 7-Eleven convenience store.
10. CLEVELAND ADVANCES IN NBA PLAYOFFS
LeBron James hits a huge shot with 39.2 seconds to go as the Cleveland Cavaliers finish off their second straight playoff sweep.