Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
- TRUMP SWEEPS TO EASY VICTORIES IN FIVE PRIMARIES
The wins in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Connecticut, Delaware and Rhode Island keep the brash billionaire on his narrow path to the GOP nomination.
- HOW AUTHORITIES WARNED OF SEVERE WEATHER IN CENTRAL US
“This is a particularly dangerous situation,” the Storm Prediction Center alerts in an advisory in red type. It uses such language on only about 7 percent of its tornado watches.
- SISTER CONTENDS PRINCE DIED WITHOUT A WILL
The court filing by Tyka Nelson could signal a looming fight over the superstar musician’s assets.
- WHO’S FEELING PRESSURE TO COME UP WITH NEXT BIG PRODUCT
For the first time in more than a decade, Apple says its quarterly sales are down from a year ago.
- RIO OLYMPIC COUNTDOWN CLOCK HITS 100 DAYS TO GO
Some problems still hang over the games, but the Olympic Park in the upscale suburb of Barra da Tijuca looks spectacular.
- IMPENDING MISSILE LAUNCH SEEN IN NORTH KOREA
South Korea’s president says that Pyongyang has almost completed preparations for a fifth nuclear test.
- JURY FINDS POLICE, EMERGENCY SERVICES TO BLAME FOR BRITAIN’S WORST SPORTS DISASTER
The families of 96 Liverpool soccer fans who were crushed to death in the 1989 Hillsborough Stadium tragedy say they have finally won justice.
- WHICH CONDITION MARIJUANA MIGHT NOT CURE
Some pot advocates push for using the drug to treat painkiller and heroin addiction, with one big problem: Very little research supports their position.
- KELLY RIPA’S RETURN TO MORNING SHOW UPSTAGED BY NEWS ABOUT CO-HOST
Michael Strahan will exit “Live with Kelly and Michael” in May – not late summer, as originally announced.
- WHY LA CLIPPERS ARE REELING
The team, tied 2-2 in its first-round playoff series with Portland, loses its top two players – Blake Griffin and Chris Paul – to injury.