Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- WISCONSIN NEXT PRIZE IN PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN
Heading into the vote, Cruz leads the polls on the Republican side while Sanders has the edge in the Democratic race.
- WHERE ‘PANAMA PAPERS’ ARE STOKING ANGER
Thousands of protesters demand that Iceland’s prime minister resign because of questions about his financial affairs raised by the leaked documents.
- SUPREME COURT HANDS DEMOCRATS A VICTORY
The justices unanimously endorse election maps that bolster urban Democratic areas at the expense of rural Republican districts.
- CALIFORNIA, NEW YORK RAISING MINIMUM WAGE TO $15 AN HOUR
The new laws mark the most ambitious moves yet by legislatures to close the national divide between rich and poor.
- TEHRAN STILL SEEN AS EXTENDING INFLUENCE THROUGH ITS MILITARY
In Syria, for instance, experts contradict the Obama administration’s claims that Iran is drawing down its forces fighting to strengthen the Assad regime.
- WHAT SYRIAN TROOPS FIND AFTER LIBERATING TOWN FROM ISLAMIC STATE GROUP
In Qaryatain, nothing is left of a fifth-century monastery, once a cherished pilgrimage site, except a pile of stones.
- CLIMATE CHANGE WILL INCREASE ILLNESS, US WARNS
Global warming will make the air dirtier, water more contaminated and food more tainted, a report issued by the Obama administration says.
- WHY ALASKA AIRLINES IS BUYING CALIFORNIA-BASED VIRGIN AMERICA
Alaska hopes to become travelers’ preferred airline on the West Coast and a tougher competitor to giants American, Delta and United on transcontinental routes.
- WATCHDOG GROUP: YOUNGER VIEWERS ROUTINELY EXPOSED TO GRAPHIC SCENES
The TV content ratings system fails to protect children from adult fare and must be overhauled, a study by the Parents Television Council says.
- UCONN WOMEN SEEK UNPRECEDENTED FOURTH STRAIGHT NCAA TITLE
Standing in the way is former Big East foe Syracuse – which has lost its last 23 meetings against the Huskies.