Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- OBAMA NUDGES RAUL CASTRO OUT OF HIS COMFORT ZONE
The president, midway through his history-making trip to Cuba, succeeds in getting Cuba’s leader to submit to questioning by reporters.
- FBI MAY NOT NEED APPLE’S HELP TO UNLOCK IPHONE
Federal authorities say they may have found a way to unlock the phone used by one of the San Bernardino shooters – a development that could make Apple’s forced cooperation unnecessary.
- TRUMP HUDDLES WITH GOP LEADERS ON CAPITOL HILL
The closed-door session is designed to help persuade a skeptical Republican establishment to embrace his presidential bid.
- HOW AUTHORITIES NABBED KEY SUSPECT IN PARIS ATTACKS
A keen-eyed witness spotted a pale, slender figure fleeing an apartment in Brussels a week ago – setting in motion a police dragnet that led to the capture of Salah Abdeslam.
- JURORS HAND HULK HOGAN ANOTHER VICTORY
A Florida jury hits Gawker Media and its founder with $25 million in punitive damages for publishing a sex tape of Hogan – on top of $115 million the jury imposed earlier after the trial.
- WHAT GREECE BELIEVES IS KEY TO STEMMING FLOW OF MIGRANTS
Greece’s prime minister warns that the stream of refugees will continue unless smugglers on the Turkish coast are stopped.
- EX-CONGOLESE LEADER CONVICTED FOR ATROCITIES COMMITTED BY HIS MILITIA
The judgment by the International Criminal Court is hailed as a landmark in the fight against impunity for sex crimes in conflict.
- MILITANTS ATTACK EU MILITARY MISSION IN MALI
The assault on the luxury hotel where the mission is quartered underscores the jihadis’ determination to keep striking at Western interests in the region.
- TWITTER MARKS 10TH BIRTHDAY
The world’s first tweet, sent by company co-founder Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006, read “just setting up my twitter.”
- WHOSE CHANCES OF REACHING FINAL FOUR ARE TRENDING UP
Virginia has a favorable path through the Midwest Region since Michigan State lost to Middle Tennessee – the biggest upset of the NCAA Tournament so far.