HOOSICK FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Many elderly residents were evacuated from the Danforth Adult Care Center in Hoosick Falls Sunday night due to a burst in a building pipe.
Seventy-five residents were moved to the Hoosick Falls Medical Center as a precaution. According to Hoosick Falls Mayor David Borge, the residents were safe.
“They’re enjoying a hot meal right now,” he said.
No one was injured, including first responders. Due to the cold, school buses were used to bring people to the medical center.
Residents were back in their homes by Monday night.
Before they could be sent back, code inspectors had to check the building to make sure it was safe. The concern was that some water may have seeped into the walls and electrical wiring.