NYSP identify victim of Greenfield house fire

GREENFIELD, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Police have identified the victim of a fatal house fire.

Crews responded to a house fire around 6 p.m. Wednesday at 21 Grange Rd. in the town of Greenfield. Responding firefighters from the Greenfield Fire Department located the homeowner, 55-year-old Richard Jones, deceased in the home.

Police said the fire was caused by an accidental electrical overload.

Jones’ death was caused by smoke inhalation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s