Officials: Manhunt still ongoing for escaped prisoners in California

 

SANTA ANA, Calif. (NEWS10) — The search for three California prisoners who broke out of a maximum security prison continues this Tuesday morning.

We are learning more about their plan as investigators try and figure out if these men had help.

Every day that goes by and these men are not found makes the case much harder for investigators with the orange county California sheriff’s office.

Now they are focusing on how the men broke out, all three are known to be Vietnamese gang members and are considered to be very dangerous.

Surveillance cameras from the prison appear to show the men as they made their way to freedom.

Officials say they first cut through a quarter inch metal plate, then squeezed through cramped, unsecured plumbing tunnels to the roof, then used bed sheets and towels to repel to the ground.

The inmates cleared through security checkpoints.

Now it is not clear if they had any assistance but a fight that broke out Friday night may have been staged to delay the discovery of their escape.

”Several other security breaches occurred. And when I say ‘several other security breaches’, we are talking about breaching in some cases significant amount of steel, bar and metal,” said Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff’

“So far, there’s nothing that indicates that we have concrete that says there was specific assistance from anyone inside the jail,” said Lt. David Sawyer.

A $50,000 reward is being offered to anyone with information that leads to the men’s capture.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s