SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) – The latest on the shootings in San Bernardino, California (all times local):
Dive teams have resumed searching a small lake in a San Bernardino park for evidence related to the massacre that killed 14 people last week.
The FBI began searching Seccombe Lake Park, just miles from the shooting site, on Thursday and went back Friday. At times, the divers picked up items from the lake and threw them back in after inspecting them. They didn’t appear to keep anything they pulled out.
David Bowdich, chief of the FBI’s Los Angeles office, says leads indicated the shooters had been in the area the day of the attack. He warned that the search could take days and turn up nothing.
A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation said divers are looking for a computer hard drive that may have been dumped in the lake. The official wasn’t authorized to speak about an ongoing investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.
– From Associated Press writer Tami Abdollah in Washington, D.C.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)