Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. RUSSIA CONFIRMS TURKEY SHOT DOWN WARPLANE
Ankara says the jet violated its national airspace; Moscow denies the plane crossed the Syrian border into Turkish skies.
2. FRENCH SUSPECT FACES TERROR CHARGES
Jawad Bendaoud, the only person in France facing potential terrorism charges linked to the Nov. 13 Paris attacks is handed over to an anti-terrorism judge in Paris.
3. WHO INTENDS TO PRESS OBAMA ON RUSSIA COOPERATION IN ANTI-EXTREMISM FIGHT
French President Hollande’s visit to Washington is part of a diplomatic offensive to get the international community to bolster the campaign against the Islamic State militants.
4. MIGRANTS IN FRENCH CAMP NOW EVEN MORE HEMMED IN
Their quest to make it to England from Calais takes on a new urgency since Islamic State militants attacked Paris more than a week ago.
5. MINNEAPOLIS POLICE SAY 5 SHOT NEAR PROTEST SCENE
Three victims are taken to a hospital in a private vehicle, and two are transported by ambulance. None of them suffers life-threatening injuries.
6. WHERE VICTIMS VANISH AT HANDS OF POLICE
An AP investigation finds that in Mexico, law enforcers are behind many of 25,500 disappearances.
7. VIOLENCE FLARES AS KERRY ARRIVES IN ISRAEL
The U.S. secretary of state concedes his visit has none of the ambitious agendas of past trips and is primarily focused on stemming the wave of bloodshed.
8. NEW PROCESSING PLANT PREPARES TRADITIONAL ALASKA NATIVE FOOD
Serving musk ox meatloaf is a practice allowed by a new federal law that’s gaining interest nationally.
9. WHAT EMAILS REVEAL ABOUT COKE’S ROLE IN ANTI-OBESITY GROUP
The world’s largest beverage maker was instrumental in shaping the Global Energy Balance Network, which is led by a professor at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
10. PATRIOTS OVERCOME MORE INJURIES TO REMAIN UNDEFEATED
Tom Brady calls out Rex Ryan and then he beats the Bills – again.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)