Local Sales Manager – WXXA
WXXA in Albany, NY, is searching for a Local Sales Manager whose primary strength is leading, building, training, and organizing the collective efforts of a local sales team to maximize revenue. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a strong motivator, have a dedicated work ethic, possess a relentless sense of urgency and is passionately dedicated to building the best local sales department in the market. Candidates must enjoy spending lots of time in the field with account executives, clients, and prospects.
Integrity, leadership, and hard-core competitiveness is a must. This position will manage a mixture of senior and rookie level account executives.
- Grow market share and achieve station budgets
- Be a Competitive Leader
- Be a motivating trainer
- Manage the creation of effective sales proposals, strategic schedules and the creative process
- Understand and utilize the “needs analysis” consultant-style sales process
- Partner with the AE’s during the negotiation process of transactional business
- Develop sustained and strong relationships in the local business community
- Productive working relationships with traffic, production and finance departments.
- Identify and create sales opportunities resulting in significant revenue growth
- Knowledgeable of inventory management, pricing, forecasting and budgeting
- Assist GSM in the recruitment and assessment of future sales talent
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of local tv sales management experience in a competitive market but will consider an aggressive a/e with management aspirations.
- A thorough understanding of television metrics as well as consultant-style selling
- Great leadership, communication, presentation and closing skills
- The passion to train and develop salespeople
- The desire to win in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit traffic system and ad connections a plus.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: General Sales Manager
341 Northern Blvd
Albany, NY 12204
email to: JBrehm@news10.com
Drug screen and background check required. Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.