(NEWS10) — Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. HOW OBAMA’S DECISION TO KEEP TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN IMPACTS PRESIDENTIAL RACE
Candidates now will be pressed to say how they will try to end the protracted conflict – and do what Obama could not.
2. US SUSPICIONS MAY HAVE LED TO DEADLY ATTACK ON AFGHAN HOSPITAL
American special ops analysts believed the site was being used by a Pakistani operative to coordinate Taliban activity, the AP learns.
3. LAWYER SAYS HASTERT WILL PLEAD GUILTY IN HUSH-MONEY CASE
The move by the ex-House speaker could ensure that allegations of sexual misconduct are never revealed in public.
4. WHAT’S GIVING HOPE TO FAMILIES OF VICTIMS OF AIR TRAGEDY
Prosecutors say they’ve identified two Libyans as suspects in the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jet over Lockerbie, Scotland.
5. NEVADA ORDERS DAILY FANTASY SPORTS SITES TO SHUT DOWN IN STATE
The decision comes amid a growing backlash by regulators who contend that sites like FanDuel and DraftKings should be regarded as gambling, rather than games of skill.
6. JEB BUSH ECLIPSED BY GOP RIVAL
The candidate raised $13.4 million over the summer for his Republican presidential bid – far less than political newcomer Ben Carson.
7. DETAILS EMERGE ON ODOM’S STAY AT BROTHEL
The ex-NBA star spent about $75,000 for a four-day stay in a VIP suite at the Love Ranch in rural Nevada, and chose two women to accompany him.
8. WHO’S GETTING READY TO LEAVE PRISON
Oscar Pistorius, the double-amputee Olympic runner who fatally shot his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day 2013, will move to house arrest next week, South Africa’s corrections department says.
9. PLENTY OF MOISTURE PREDICTED FOR US
El Nino will bring a wet but not necessarily snowy winter this year to much of the country, forecasters say.
10. VERMONT JUDGE RELEASES ACTOR RANDY QUAID, WIFE FROM CUSTODY
The couple say they’ll now address the 5-year-old criminal charges they’re facing in California.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)