Pet Connection Tips 6/29/15

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Fourth of July weekend is coming up which means lots of fireworks are going off.

It’s a happy time for humans, but can be terrifying for animals.

NEWS10ABC’s Chief Meteorologist Steve Caporizzo has some important reminders as you celebrate the holiday.

Fireworks are pretty common in the summer time, and while they’re often seen as very patriotic, they’re not exactly pet-riotic.

Exposure to lit fireworks can not only cause trauma and potential burns to your pet, but even the unlit ones can be potentially hazardous.

Many fireworks contain toxic substances like copper, arsenic and other heavy metals. So it’s often best to keep them stored in a safe place, and keep your pets inside while setting them off.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s