NEWS10 ABC/Dancing with the Stars Live Ticket Giveaway Contest
- GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- ELIGIBILITY. Participation in the NEWS10ABC Dancing with the Stars Live Ticket Giveaway Contest on WTEN NEWS10ABC (“Promotion/Contest”) is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry who have Internet access and are registered users of Facebook. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prize is non-transferable by winner. Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents who reside within the Albany-Schenectady-Troy Designated Market Area (DMA) as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services and which is comprised of the New York counties of Albany, Hamilton, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington and in Berkshire County, Massachusetts and Bennington County, Vermont (the “Promotion Area”). Void outside Promotion Area and where prohibited. Employees of Media General/Young Broadcasting of Albany Inc., SPAC, Live Nation, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), other electronic media companies, and the immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses, and in-laws) or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible to participate. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed.
- HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to select a winner for this Contest and receive future promotional e-mails from Sponsors. You may opt out from receiving those e-mails at any time. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address per day. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The Contest entry period runs from 9am April 27, 2015, through 9am (Eastern Time) on May 4, 2015. All entrants must enter the Contest on the Facebook Platform by accessing the contest application on the NEWS10ABC page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/wten.albany). Follow the onscreen instructions to enter this Contest and complete all of the required information. All entrants must provide a valid email address. One winner will be randomly selected by Sponsors on or around May 4, 2015.
All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues or human error affecting the entry process, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, than the timely execution of the Contest.
- PRIZES and ODDS OF WINNING. One (1) Grand Prize of a pair of VIP tickets to Dancing with the Stars Live at SPAC on Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 7:30pm. Tickets include VIP club access and parking. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Winner must be at least 18 years of age. The ARV (approximate retail value) of prize is $259.
Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (including taxes on income), any other taxes, fees, surcharges and incidentals. Winner should contact his or her tax advisor regarding tax implications.
Prize components are non-transferable by winner and may not be redeemed for cash. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the prize description above, are the responsibility of the Winner. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event the scheduled prize or any component thereof becomes unavailable for any reason.
Prize notification will be by email or phone. To claim prize, winner must respond to initial notification within twenty-four (24) hours (Claim Time) and may be required to provide a valid driver’s license, state identification card, or other valid government-issued photo identification satisfactory to the Sponsors. Failure to claim prize during the Claim Time may result in the forfeiture of the prize.
- IDENTIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS/USE OF VOICE AND LIKENESS: By entering, entrants grant Sponsors permission to use their voice, likeness, character, and/or name. Winner further grants Sponsors full permission and authority to use his or her voice, likeness, character, and/or name in all forms of advertising or promotion without compensation, further permission, or opportunity for review.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNERS AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the Contest offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the winner. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, including any ambiguities. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner of a prize is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may, time permitting, select an alternate winner from remaining entries, or may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with or resulting from the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- DISCLAIMER/INTERNET/WARRANTIES: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserves the right in their discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to select winner from eligible entries received as of the early termination of the Contest should such early termination, cancellation, modification, or suspension occur. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of or relating to any communications equipment, telephone or wireless network or lines, computer, on-line systems, handsets, servers, provider, computer equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet, wireless or wired networks, or at any website, and (iii) assume no responsibility for any combination of the aforementioned events, including for any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in, or downloading or uploading any materials relating to, this Contest. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
By entering the Promotion/Contest, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by New York law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. Each entrant expressly agrees that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Albany County, New York, and each entrant consents to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- OFFICIAL RULES and LIST OF WINNER: To receive a copy of these official Contest rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/wten.albany, or send an SASE to NEWS10ABC Dancing with the Stars Live Ticket Giveaway Contest, 341 Northern Boulevard, Albany, New York 12204. Rules requests must be received by 9am on May 4, 2015. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules or to alter, modify, or terminate the Contest, as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by May 30, 2015, to NEWS10 ABC, 341 Northern Boulevard, Albany, New York 12204, Attn: “Dancing with the Stars Live Ticket Giveaway Contest” Winner’s List.
- SPONSORS: NEWS10ABC, 341 Northern Boulevard, Albany, New York 12204 and SPAC, and Live Nation. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to select a winner for this Contest and receive future promotional e-mails from Sponsors. You may opt out from receiving those e-mails at any time.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Starts 4/27 at 9am ET. Open only to residents of Albany-Schenectady-Troy DMA, comprised of Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren & Washington Cos, NY; Berkshire Co, MA & Bennington Co, VT, above age of majority w/FB acct prior to 4/27/15. Excludes Sponsor/Co-Sponsor employees, & their hshld/immed fam mbrs. To enter go to facebook.com/wten.albany & complete entry form by 5/4/15 at 9am ET. Limit 1 entry per person per day. Winner selected 5/4/15. Prizes: (1) Grand Prize of a pair of VIP tickets to Dancing with the Stars Live at SPAC on June 14, 2015. Odds of winning depend on # of entries. Winner resp for all taxes/costs not stated above. Other restrs apply. For full rules & Winner’s Names (avail. May 30th), visit facebook.com/wten.albany or send req w/SASE to Sponsor (News10 ABC), 341 Northern Blvd, Albany, NY 12204. VT residents may omit return postage. Void where prohibited.