HUDSON, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Officials are offering free help for parents; to make sure their child seats are installed correctly.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, three out of four child seats are not installed correctly, posing serious risks for kids.
So on Friday, qualifying low income families will be given a free child seat which will be installed by a professional. The event is happening at the Hudson Central Fire House on 77 North 7th Street from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Guidelines to meet before a free child safety seat is provided:
- Applicant must have vehicle present
- Applicant must meet income eligibility requirements
- Applicant must receive education on child passenger safety
- Applicant must complete the manufacturers warranty card
- Applicant must sign an agreement form and waiver of liability form