WATERFORD, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Police say they saved a man from a heroin overdose by giving him the life-saving drug, Naloxone.
Officers say just before 8:30 p.m. on Sunday they got a call to a residence on South Street in the village of Waterford for a possible heroin overdose.
Upon arrival, the officers found a male that was unresponsive, not breathing, and had no pulse. The officers immediately administered Naloxone and started chest compressions. The chest compressions continued and additional Nalaxone was given to the victim until he became responsive.
Officials say the victim was in a sedated state when he was transported to a hospital by a Clifton Park Halfmoon ambulance.