Mobile home in Quaker Springs burns down Tuesday morning

SARATOGA, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A pellet stove may be to blame for a fire that burned down a mobile home and left two with serious burns Tuesday morning.

The Schuylerville Fire Department says a call came in around 4:20 a.m. for a fire at 289 Hayes Road in the Town of Saratoga. Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the fully involved fire and located the two occupants in a vehicle on the property.

Police say the two occupants, a man and a woman, awoke to the fire inside their residence. They suffered serious burns during their escape. Officials say the man and woman sustained their burns when they re-entered the home to try to save their pets. In total they owned 2 cats and 2 dogs, but they are currently unaccounted for.

The man and woman were taken to Saratoga Hospital where they were treated and are awaiting transfer to the Westchester burn unit. 

Saratoga County Fire Investigators believe the fire started in a recently installed pellet wood stove. They also say there were no complications with fighting the fire, other than the bitter cold. fire

The mobile home that was fully involved is now a total loss.

Check back to News10.com for updates.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s