SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A Schenectady business was evacuated after a gas leak was detected, and crews attempted to make repairs.
“People sat down, had a cup of coffee; they wanted to order,” she said. “I said, ‘You’ve got to get out.’”
She said fire trucks and National Grid members swarmed her business and upstairs apartment after someone called in reports of gas nearby.
“National Grid was on the scene, found gas readings in the basement,” Schenectady Fire Department Chief Vince Krawiecki said. “We evacuated the building and came to secure the area while they dig up the road.”
A National Grid spokesperson confirmed Wednesday that the service line affected has been repaired.