KINGSBURY, N.Y. – Officials have released the cause of death of a woman whose body was found after a fire.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says an autopsy was performed on Friday at Albany Medical Center on the body found in the fatal fire that happened Wednesday on Hinds Road.
The victim was positively identified as Marilyn Mcintosh, 63. She was the sole occupant of the home.
Mcintosh’s cause of death was ruled as asphyxia due to carbon monoxide and smoke inhalation. There was nothing suspicious found about her death.
Authorities believe the fire started in a rear enclosed porch. This area was known to be where the owner smoked and had a portable Kerosene heater running. In addition, there was power to the porch.
The exact cause of the fire is undetermined but is not believed to be suspicious