Shoppers become ill after propane device released fumes

WILTON, N.Y. – A few shoppers became ill after a propane device released fumes in an area Price Chopper.

Workers were using a propane device in the Wilton Price Chopper on Route 50 when it began to release an odor.

“They were using propane heaters that they used to dry the chemical they put on the concrete, and it has an organic material that is harmful,” Maple Avenue Deputy Fire Chief John King said.

A few shoppers started to feel ill and were treated at the scene. No one was taken to the hospital, and everyone is expected to be fine.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s