Cigarette dropped on couch causes house fire in Albany

ALBANY, N.Y. – Officials are investigating a fire in Albany which happened on Thursday afternoon.

The blaze happened at 85 Hunter Avenue off of Watervliet Avenue around 1 p.m.
The Albany Fire Chief said it all started because the man who lived in the building dropped a cigarette on the couch, causing the couch to catch on fire.  
One woman was taken to Albany Medical Center as a precaution.
Chief Warren Abriel said the amount of smoke caused some difficulties for fire crews.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s