Sprinkler contains fire at local Mexican restaurant

ALBANY, N.Y. – Authorities have confirmed there was a small fire at a local restaurant.

According to the Albany Fire Department, they responded to 289 Hamilton Street shortly before 3 a.m. on Saturday. They say the fire began in the electrical heater over the front door and began to spread into the structure. 

Crews say a sprinkler system at El Mariachis Mexican Restaurant was able to contain the fire. As crews arrived it took about 15 minutes for the fire to be completely extinguished. 

There were no injuries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s