ALBANY, N.Y.– Individual or combined families with an income of less than $58,000 will be offered free tax preparation services through SEFCU.
SEFCU is partnering with NYS Department of Tax and Finance, the Internal Revenue Service, and CASH of the Greater Capital Region to offer this service.
In three Capital Region branches SEFCU will host free Self-Assisted Tax Preparation sites now through April 15 on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The three participating branches are 245 Hoosick Rd, Troy; 16 New Scotland Ave., Albany; and 469 State St., Schenectady.
Those interested in completing their taxes at a SEFCU FSA site need to bring with them the following items:
- Photo ID
- W-2, 1099, and other IRS forms, as appropriate
- SEFCU account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- 2012 tax return, if available
- 2008 and 2010 tax returns if they received the 2008 first-time homebuyer credit
- Social Security card for each person listed on the tax form (yourself, spouse, and any dependents)
- Childcare documentation
- Unemployment form
For more information, visit sefcu.com