CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. – A microchip clinic was hosted by the
Town of Clifton Park and HOPE animal rescue Saturday.
The clinic was held at the Clifton Park Public Safety
Building and all microchips were administered by a veterinary professional. The
procedure is similar to administering a routine shot.
Any pets with a microchip can be entered for free in the
online database Free Pet Chip Registry.
Free Pet Chip Registry lists five reasons to microchip pets:
- Only true permanent method of pet identification
- Lasts for the lifetime of your pet
- Quick and painless procedure
- Best chance of your pet returning to you should
a pet go missing
- Microchipping is recommended by several animal
organizations, including the ASPCA and the Humane Society.