1. Hawaii to let nature clean harbor molasses spill: Officials responding to a spill of 1,400 tons of molasses in Hawaii waters plan to let nature clean things up, with boat crews collecting thousands of dead fish to determine the extent of environmental damage.
2. Ig Nobel awards honor weird, funny discoveries: An experiment that proved people who think they are drunk also think they are attractive and another that showed lost dung beetles can use the Milky Way to find their way home were among the winners at this year's Ig Nobel awards ceremony held Thursday.
3. Some Pittsburghers cited for parking in driveways: Some Pittsburghers are being ticketed or warned not to park in their own driveways under an obscure ordinance that requires them to pay $225 for a permit if they wish to park within 30 feet of a street.
4. Mass. school district closed due to slick floors: A Massachusetts school district has canceled classes for the day because floors are too slippery.
5. Zoe Saldana weds in private ceremony: Actress Zoe Saldana has wed Italian artist Marco Perego in an intimate ceremony, according to Us Weekly.