1. Mich. man recognizes mom as bank robbery suspect: The FBI says a Michigan man who recognized his mom in surveillance photos of a bank robbery called police to turn her in.
2. Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982: Texas marked a solemn moment in criminal justice Wednesday evening, executing its 500th inmate since it resumed carrying out capital punishment in 1982.
3. Chris Brown charged with hit-and-run: Chris Brown has been charged with a hit-and-run and driving without a license, The Los Angeles Times reports.
4. Cellphone 'distracted walking' sending pedestrians to the ER: Pedestrians are becoming more likely to be injured while using their cellphones and an estimated 1,500 were treated in U.S. emergency rooms in 2010 as a result, a new study finds.
5. Couple lets coffee drinkers choose baby name: A Connecticut couple has named its baby with help from customers at a Starbucks coffee shop.