1. One in 50 school-aged children in US has autism: The number of children in the United States with autism spectrum disorder has jumped dramatically since 2007, federal health officials reported Wednesday.
2. Dr. Oz sued for burns allegedly caused by insomnia cure: Celebrity surgeon and daytime host Dr. Mehmet Oz is being sued by a New Jersey man who claims that an insomnia cure promoted on The Dr. Oz Show resulted in third-degree burns on his feet, The New York Daily News reports.
3. How to save to start an investment portfolio: In these difficult economic times, the idea of putting extra money aside for investments might seem like a daunting task. Planning for the future is essential to financial security, and you don't have to earn a degree in economics or get a second job to come up with the extra cash to start an investment portfolio. Here are some of the best practices for getting into the market.
4. Montana looks at allowing roadkill for dinner: Elk, deer, antelope and moose: If Montana residents can scrape it up, they can eat it.
5. Pa. school asks students to cut back on body spray: A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.