Space heater starts fire at Schenectady home

SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – Fire fighters in Schenectady worked Friday morning putting out a fire on Grand Boulevard.

Schenectady fire officials say a space heater next to some bedding started the fire at the home.

They say a man inside the home tried to put out the blaze himself but the fire spread forcing him to run next door and call 911 at the neighbor's home because he didn't have a phone.

Once on the scene, the fire was knocked down fairly quickly but the delay in calling 911 allowed the fire to spread significantly, officials say.

No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s