ALBANY, N.Y. — The Washington
Avenue Armory has lost its permission to host dance parties for the second
The cease and desist order
was immediate, causing an event scheduled for Friday to be called off at the
The armory tells NEWS10
the order says they are violating a November agreement that allowed the parties
The agreement came in November after events at the armory had been on hold
after a large crowd at a form party in October turned unruly leading to three
officers sustaining injures and seven people being arrested.
Following that incident, the armory's spokesman Michael Corts explained they'd
changed ticketing procedures and entry policies.
“What happened last Thursday happened, and that's why we're addressing
those safety issues by implementing our changes and taking it seriously,”
said Corts in a previous interview with NEWS10.