TROY, N.Y. – A local restaurant celebrating 100 years of service to the
local community will be recognized Saturday by local officials.
The doors to Manory's Restaurant opened in 1913 on the corners of
Fourth and Congress streets in downtown Troy. The restaurant is now owned by Louis
and Jennifer Marchese who purchased it from the founding Manory family in 1991.
At 9 a.m. Saturday, legislators will hold a presentation at the restaurant
to honor owners.
“This is a special time for Troy. This restaurant has become an
integral part of the city's history and tradition, and we have Lou, Jen and
past and present members of the Manory family to thank for that,” commented
Minority leader Peter Grimm.