ALBANY, N.Y. – Free legal advice and services for veterans will be provided by Albany Law School's Veterans' Rights Pro Bono Project on Saturday.
Representatives from organizations that provide key services for veterans are scheduled to be present, including members of the New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs, the Albany County Veterans' Services Bureau, and the New York State Division of Labor.
Attorneys will be available to provide veterans with free legal services in a wide variety of areas including:
- Drafting wills, healthcare proxies, and powers of attorney
- Employment law 9including veteran-specific employment concerns
- Obtaining VA disability or pension benefits
- Discharge upgrades (and other military law areas)
- Military documentation questions
- Family law and matrimonial law matters (divorces, child custody planning, etc.)
- Tax law issues
- Filing for bankruptcy
The event will be held from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Albany Law School, to make an appointment to meet with an attorney, call 518-445-2365.