1. Knut the polar bear becomes museum display: Adorable in life, still attracting admirers in death: Knut the polar bear's hide has been mounted on a polyurethane body and is going on display in a Berlin museum.
2. Cayman Islands woman bites intruder, loses tooth: Police in the Cayman Islands say a woman drove off an intruder by biting him. It cost her a tooth, though.
3. Pa. grad student sues, says C-plus cost her $1.3M: Graduate student Megan Thode wasn't happy about the C-plus she received for one class, saying the mediocre grade kept her from getting her desired degree and becoming a licensed therapist – and, as a result, cost her $1.3 million in lost earnings.
4. NYPD investigating 911 calls coming from Katie Couric's late husband's number: New York police are investigating a series of 911 calls that have been mysteriously placed from a phone number belonging to Katie Couric's late husband, Jay Monahan, the New York Daily News reports.
5. Use of morning-after pill on the rise: The number of U.S. women using the “morning-after” contraception pill has risen dramatically in the last decade, federal health officials report.