CATSKILL, N.Y. – A 43-year old man has been arrested after an investigation into the sale of prescription drugs and LSD in and around the town of Cairo.
Phillip S. Smith, 43, of Cairo, N.Y. was arrested after a joint investigation by the State Police Catskill and Town of Cairo PD after receiving numerous complaints about the sales of prescription drugs and LSD in and around the Town of Cairo.
During his arrest, officers found 4.5 ounces of Psilocybin (Mushrooms), 4.5 ounces of high grade marijuana, 245 doses of LSD, 42 grams of concentrated cannabis, as well as ecstasy.
He faces the following charges:
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 2nd, class A-II Felony
- Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance 3rd, class B Felony (4 counts)
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd, class B Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 5th, class D Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th, class A Misdemeanor
- Fugitive from Justice from the State of Indiana
Smith was arraigned and remanded to the Greene County Jail in lieu of no bail returnable in the Town of Cairo Court at a later date in February.