CAPITAL REGION, N.Y. – We asked and you answered: here is a collection of News 10 Viewers' Thanksgiving recipes and meals!
The meals range from traditional turkey to Hungarian goulash and German spätzle.
News 10 Viewers' Thanksgiving Meals
- Candra Kimball is making Carciofo and stuffed mushrooms.
- Angelika Hawkins is making Hungarian goulash, dumplings, noodles, vegetables, dinner rolls and cheesecake.
- Sharon Walter is making a German feast: Sauerbraten, red cabbage, potato pancakes, applesauce, green beans and spätzle.
- Jeff Cummings is making turkey and chocolate pudding pie.
- Dawn O'Toole Kolowski is making a turkey.
- Robin Hasbrouck is making wild turkey venison, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, home-made pumpkin pie and home-made apple pie.
- Lisa Sweet is making a turkey and pies.
- P.A. LaBrake is making turkey, multiple sides and pumpkin dump cake. P.A. shared the recipe for pumpkin dump cake: “You mix canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, three eggs and cinnamon together, pour it all into a baking pan then take a box of white cake mix spread it on top, throw on some pecans and melted butter and bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Then let it cool, dish it up and throw on a big scoop of whipped cream!”
- Nick Montera is making a turkey.
- Diane Pouliot is making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
- Penny Noonan is making a dessert out of “kisses and hugs and 'I-Love-You's'” from her grand-daughters Amelia and Gianna.
- Nanette Lawrence Whinnery's husband is making stuffing with pumpkin bread.
- Rose Coons-Neff is making a turkey and having a game-roast of… bear?!
- Dottie Birch-Faulkner is making a turkey.
- Judy Giordano is making a turkey.
- Janet Buckmiller is making jalapeno peppers with shrimp, and has shared a recipe: “Jalapeno peppers de-seeded, sliced long ways and filled with cream cheese, topped with baby shrimp from a can. Cover with saran-wrap, smoosh down and refrigerate for two hours!”
- Naureen Collins is making a turkey, green bean casserole and buying a Friendly's Holiday Roll for dessert.
- Anthony Leggiero is making Peking roasted duck.
- Kevin Lukasik is making Swedish apple pie and shared his recipe: “Top crust is 3 sticks of butter, 2 cups sugar & flour, eggs and walnuts…..about 34,876 calories per slice. And in tribute to the departed Mr. Food……”Ohhh So Goooodd!”
Thank you all so much for your responses! It's always fun to hear back from Channel 10 Viewers, especially when the responses sound so delicious.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and stay tuned to Channel 10!