Overnight fire in Albany displaces fifteen people

(Image 1)

ALBANY, N.Y. – Fifteen people have been rendered temporarily homeless, after an overnight fire in Albany damaged a residence on Thursday morning.

According to Albany fire officials, flames broke out at around 1:30 a.m. on the 100-block of Southern Boulevard.

Crews, upon arriving, found heavy fire on both floors of the structure, which houses four apartments.

Firefighters on the scene said that despite the large size of the building, the fire was quickly extinguished.

The building sustained heavy damage, but the damage is considered repairable.

All residents were able to escape without injury, and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Investigation into the origin of the fire is ongoing.

blog comments powered by Disqus