Crews respond to fire at Saratoga restaurant across from race track

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – Crews responded to a fire in the rear of a restaurant located across from Saratoga Race Course on Union Avenue Friday morning.

The Saratoga Springs Fire Department responded to Sabina's Restaurant, located at 237 Union Avenue, shortly before 5:30 a.m. Upon arrival, crews dealt with heavy fire conditions in the storage and prep area of the restaurant.

Officials say the fire extended throughout the first floor of the building with minor fire
damage to the second floor, as well.

The structure is a two-story wood frame building which is used as storage and
prep building for Sabrina's Restaurant.

Sabrina's Restaurant and
dining areas were not affected by the fire and remain in operation.

The
cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunctioning electrical clothes
dryer.

Crew's were on scene for about two hours. No injuries were reported.

blog comments powered by Disqus