1. Yahoo hacked: thousands of passwords leaked online. Email addresses and passwords of 453,000 Yahoo members were posted online by a hacking group.
2. Chimp dies after Vegas escape. According to authorities, two chimpanzees escaped a Las Vegas background and rampaged through a neighborhood before police killed one and tranquilized the other.
3. Yoga teacher fired after glaring at student on cellphone. A yoga instructor was teaching a class when one student started texting. The instructor gave the student a disapproving look, leading to her termination.
4. Alcohol may improve women's bone health. A small study suggests that drinking one or two alcoholic drinks several times a week may improve older women's bone health and reduce their risk for osteoporosis.
5. Smokers who quit gain 8 to 11 pounds in first month. On average most smokers who quit gain weight within three months of kicking the habit, according to new research.
Have an idea you want to share for “News10.com's Top 5”? Email firstname.lastname@example.org