DEVELOPING: 42 Sickened by Carbon Monoxide Leak

Forty-two people were taken to Glens Falls Hospital late Saturday night after an apparant carbon monoxide leak spread through a Queensbury eatery.

Police were called to the Log Jam restaurant around 9:45p.m., resulting in an immediate evacutation of those inside.  The level of the leak was said to be potentially deadly, and two of the individuals stricken had to be flown to another hopsital for further treatment.

Queensbury Fire Chief Joseph DuPrey said that the restaurant's basement water heater was not venting properly, which resulted in the release of the carbon monoxide gas.

There is no word on the conditions of those hospitalized at the moment, but the Log Jam was closed Sunday.

Stay tuned as NEWS10 will have more on this story later tonight.

blog comments powered by Disqus